Oscar Winning Movies

Join our journey as we watch all the Oscar winning movies from 1927 to the present.

Friday, May 24, 2013

1984 - Amadeus: "You make too many demands on the royal ear."


1984 Best Picture

Premiered September 6, 1984 in Los Angeles

Budget $18 Million

Gross $52 Million

We were expecting yet another boring biography but it was not for two reasons: it was a story that was narrated by Mozart's enemy and it was largely fiction. The movie turned out to be an intriguing story that moved along at a decent pace. It was fun to see sections of Mozart's operas and to hear music that he composed that we had never heard.

Callie
Favorite: I liked the fact that at the beginning, I did not like Amadeus but over time I became endeared to him.
Least Favorite: I hated Amadeus' laugh. 

Joel
Favorite: I liked watching a story about a well known man whom I had previously known little about.
Least Favorite: The movie lacked a protagonist. I did not want to see success come to any of the characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment