Oscar Winning Movies

Join our journey as we watch all the Oscar winning movies from 1927 to the present.

Monday, June 17, 2013

1987 - The Last Emperor: "If I am naughty, someone else is punished."


1987 Best Picture

Premiered November 18, 1987 in New York

Budget $23 Million

Gross $43 Million

This movie was unique because he captured a time and place in history that is not talked about much. It was interesting to learn about the life of Pu Yi. After watching the film, we researched the real story and the film was close to what really happened. The movie making was not anything special but the story is what earned The Last Emperor two popcorn bags.

Callie
Favorite: I enjoyed seeing the Chinese history and culture in a different light.
Least Favorite: I pitied him but I could not like him. 

Joel
Favorite: I liked the fact that the film was so close to the history of the event.
Least Favorite: The protagonist was very pathetic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment