Oscar Winning Movies

Join our journey as we watch all the Oscar winning movies from 1927 to the present.

Saturday, December 8, 2012

1951 - An American In Paris: "I'm a concert pianist. That is a pretentious way of saying that I'm unempoyed"

 
1951 Best Picture Winner

Premiered October 4, 1951 in New York

Budget: $2.7 Million

Gross: $4.5 Million
 
We did not like this movie at all. This film had good music and dancing but the screenplay was so bad that the movie became a disappointment. It took almost 30 minutes for the plot to get going. The music was well written but did not always fit the context of the film.
 
Joel
Favorite: Some of the Gershwin songs were fun to hear. I really liked "Who Could Ask For Anything More"
Least Favorite: I hated the ending. It was a 20 minute song and dance that did not make any sense at all.

Callie
Favorite: The storyline was interesting. I also liked the romance.
Least Favorite: Everything else. The last dancing scene was terrible and I still can't figure out what was happening.


No comments:

Post a Comment