Oscar Winning Movies

Join our journey as we watch all the Oscar winning movies from 1927 to the present.

Monday, December 24, 2012

1955 - Marty: "College girls are one step from the street I tell you"

1955 Best Picture

Premiered April 11, 1955 in New York

 Budget $343,000

Gross N/A

Marty was a nice, sweet innocent movie. It follows a bachelor and his quest to find love. He is rejected time and time again until he finally finds his match. It is entertaining to follow his whirlwind romance, then to see his friends who try to talk him out of it and the the sweet ending.

It surprised us that it won because it is such a light movie. It doesn't have a political message. It doesn't have much serious content at all. It is just a fun movie to watch on a Saturday night. 
Joel
Favorite: I like the innocence of it all.
Least Favorite: The movie was still in black and white. 

Callie: I felt for Marty. The director did a good job making me like the main character.
Least Favorite: I didn't like the ending. I wanted more closure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment