Oscar Winning Movies

Join our journey as we watch all the Oscar winning movies from 1927 to the present.

Sunday, March 31, 2013

1975 - One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest: "There is an Easter Bunny"

1975 Best Picture

Premiered November 21, 1975 in New York & LA

Budget $4.4 Million

Gross $112 Million

This movie is very unique. The premise and the plot were unlike anything we had seen up until then. The film held our attention until the very end and we were totally blindsided by the ending. Jack Nicholson did a great job with his very quirky character. 

The movie came very close to getting three popcorn bags but the high volume of cursing and crude language knocked it down. That was the only drawback for us. 

Joel
Favorite: The movie is a drama but it is very funny. I didn't expect all of that humor.
Least Favorite: Lots of profanity. Definitely the most cursing of any film so far. It was quite possibility the most profanity laden movie I've ever seen.

Callie
Favorite: I enjoyed seeing a young Jack Nicholson and thought he did a great job with the role he played. All the characters pulled me in.
Least Favorite: I did not like the ending. I wanted a an ending that did not leave me wondering. 

No comments:

Post a Comment