Oscar Winning Movies

Join our journey as we watch all the Oscar winning movies from 1927 to the present.

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

2009 - The Hurt Locker: "If I'm gonna die, I want to be comfortable"

2009 Best Picture

Premiered June 5, 2009 in Hollywood

Budget $15 million

Gross $17 Million

It was the Best Picture that no one saw. However, that is no indictment on this movie. The combat scenes were well show and the special effects were great. The story is good and the acting is pretty good. Overall, it is a good movie.

Callie
Favorite: It was interesting to see a side of the military that you don't normally see.
Least Favorite: I did not like that he chose the adrenaline rush of his job over his family.

Joel
Favorite: I liked the special effects.
Least Favorite: I thought the combat scenes when they were in the fire fight went a little too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment